Meret C. Bainbridge
I am a native of Germany with a background in counseling psychology. After my immigration to the USA in 1988, I studied Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure™ in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and have been a registered JSD practitioner since 1991.
Acupressure awakened my interest and fascination with Asian Medicine and led me to go back to school. I started my training at Southwest Acupuncture College in Santa Fe, and graduated from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in 1996, with a Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (M.Ac. O.M.). I worked at the Immune Enhancement Project in Portland, OR, with Aids, MS and cancer patients, and at Hooper Detox Center in Portland, OR, with acupuncture addiction treatment.
I moved to Maine in 1997 and have been in private practice in the Greater Portland area for over 15 years. My style is a unique blend of Acupuncture, Acupressure and Chinese Herbal Medicine with counseling skills and my work with the Body-Mind connection. I maintain a general practice, treating all ages and conditions, from children to seniors. My areas of expertise are Women’s Health (including menstrual problems, infertility, pregnancy and labor, and menopause), stress-related and emotional conditions (e.g. headaches, insomnia, depression and anxiety, trauma and abuse) as well as lowered immunity (MS, fibromyalgia, adjunct therapy for cancer).
My Training and Credentials:
- Licensed Acupuncturist in Maine since 1997
- Master of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine 1996
- Diplomate of Acupuncture (NCCAOM)
- Diplomate of Chinese Herbology (NCCAOM)
- Registered Practitioner of Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® since 1991
- Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (NADA)
- Acupupuncture privileges at Mercy Hospital since 2002
- Taught at New Hampshire Institute for Therapeutic Arts
- Taught USM professional development: Certificate in Holistic Health Care
- Teacher of Acupressure for Self-Help and Jin Shin Do® Neck & Centering Release
- Clinical Psychologist, University of Wuerzburg, Germany, 1986
Questions? Please Contact Me!