I am a participating provider with Anthem of Maine and New Hampshire, Cigna, Aetna, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, United Health Care, and the Veteran’s Administration Community Care.
I will bill directly to these insurance companies if your plan covers acupuncture. Please note that not all insurance plans have acupuncture benefits. Some plans have limitations and cover only certain diagnoses. Please check with your plan.
Medicare and Medicaid – called MaineCare in Maine – do NOT cover acupuncture. Medicare Advantage plans that follow Medicare guidelines will not cover acupuncture. However, some retirement insurance plans have acupuncture benefits under their secondary plan. In Maine, Martin’s Point Medicare Advantage plans offer a wellness benefit called “Wellness Wallet” that will reimburse patients for acupuncture expenses.
Of the insurance plans through the Marketplace (“Obamacare”) available in Maine, currently only Harvard Pilgrim Health Care has acupuncture benefits.
All patient co-pays, estimated co-insurance amounts, and payments toward a deductible are due by the patient at the time of service. Ultimately, in the case your insurance fails to reimburse me or deems my services not covered, payment remains the patient’s responsibility.
These major employee groups in Southern Maine have acupuncture benefits:
- MaineHealth (Maine Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care) – Anthem
- MEA (Maine Education Alliance) Benefits Trust (Choice Plus plan only) – Anthem
- City of Portland employees – Aetna
- State of Maine employees – Anthem
- Maine Municipal Alliance – Anthem
- University of Maine System / University of Southern Maine – Cigna
- City of Biddeford employees – Cigna
- Idexx – Aetna (limited to certain diagnoses)
- L.L. Bean – Aetna (limited to certain diagnoses)
- Bath Iron Works – Cigna (limited to certain diagnoses)
- St. Joseph’s College employees – Cigna
- American Postal Worker’s Union
- Veteran’s Administration Non-VA Community Care, with referral
- Federal employees – Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Feel free to call my office to inquire about your particular plan. I would be happy to assist you in getting the information you need.
I accept personal checks, cash and Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards. I do not at this time accept payment through PayPal, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.